I am sharing information regarding practicum and internship placements at the Counseling Center for the 2022-2023 academic year.
We have availability for two (2) students who can be on-site at a minimum of 24 hours each week in a pre-determined schedule. However, there is some flexibility for virtual meetings. Students will receive one hour of individual or dyadic supervision and one hour to 90 minutes of Case Consultation supervision, weekly.
Students will gain experience or training in the following areas:
- Triage, intake, assessment, and treatment planning
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis management support and referrals
- Substance abuse screening, assessment, options for treatment and referrals
- Outreach program planning, development, and support (Stress-Free Fest, Stomp Out Stigma, Active Minds, REACH Ambassadors, etc.)
- Psychoeducational presentations
- Introduction to the state licensure process (as applicable)
I am attaching the application and other materials requested from any student interested in applying:
- Application - attached (including names and contact info for two (2) professional references)
- Letter of interest (Including any prior counseling experience)
- Unofficial transcript
- MOA (memorandum of agreement with requirements from your department)
Please ask students to submit the materials by Friday, May 6th at 5pm. We will interview candidates we are interested in. We hope to make selections by May 31st.