University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill University Career Services
Graduate Practicum/Career Counselor Internship Academic Year 2019-2020
University Career Services at UNC - Chapel Hill seeks a graduate-level intern with a strong interest in career counseling and student advising. Candidates should possess a knowledge of career development, strong communication skills, flexibility, willingness to learn, and the ability to work with a large team. Training, ongoing professional development, and weekly supervision will be provided. The ideal candidate will be available a minimum of 20 hours per week in the fall and spring semesters. The semester stipend for the internship and/or practicum will be $2,500 for 20 hours/week and $5,000 for 40hours/week.
UCS is a cutting-edge, award winning career services office with a state-of-the-art facility. The selected candidate will work as part of a team, but also work individually and one-on-one with students.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop hands-on experience in the following:
- Individual and small group career counseling and career advising – 80%
- Facilitate career coaching sessions
- Utilize online job and internship tools
- Utilize self-assessment tools
- Conduct mock interviews
- Assist professional staff in program planning and workshop delivery
- Perform resume and cover letter reviews
- Assist with internship and job search
- Advise students during drop in hours
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients assisted by UCS
- Special projects – 10% Administrative work – 10%
To learn more about UCS UNC Chapel Hill, please visit us at http://careers.unc.edu.