Career Services at Durham Technical Community College is seeking graduate student interns to join our team. This opportunity will provide the skills and exposure to working with students and alumni in Durham and Orange County.
Title: Career Counselor, Intern
Reports to: Christy Walker, Director, Career Services
Openings: Fall 2019 (600 hours), Summer 2019 (300 hours), Spring 2020 (600 hours) or Summer/Fall 2019 Practicum (100)
Intern will work under the supervision of the Director of Career Services and collaborate with an additional Graduate Student Intern and one work-study student from Durham Tech.
The Career Counselor Intern will:
1. Provide one‐on‐one career advice to students and alumni.
2. Design, coordinate, and facilitate career‐related workshops for students in classes. (Mornings/Afternoons/Evenings)
3. Provide drop‐in/appointments during weekday mornings and afternoons.
4. Participate in career fairs and outreach events.
5. Assist in creating material for department social media accounts.
1. Current Master’s student in Career Counseling, Counseling, Higher Education Administration, or related program.
2. Basic knowledge of career-related theories.
3. Ability to work effectively within groups as well as independently.
4. Commitment to work within a diverse, multicultural environment.
5. Ability and interest to learn career‐related information quickly and competently. 6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.