Clemson University’s Youth Learning Institute
4-H Summer Camp JobDescription
Title: 4-H SummerCampCounselor
WorkDates: May 23rd –August 6th, 2021
Location: Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton,SC
4-H summer camps provide an opportunity to experience new and exciting activities; including climbing wall, archery, canoeing, and many others offered in a safe, supervised environment where campers can explore new areas of interest with encouragement from trained counselors and staff. Counselors lead, instruct, and supervise campers in all areas of summer camp programming. The camp is run out of Camp Bob Cooper in Summerton, SC. Counselors will have the opportunity to work with the following types of camps: 4-H, disability and special needs, diabetics, faith-based, and traditional programs. You can look at our camp by going to our website athttp://4hsummer.camp
- Assist in teaching all components of the summer camp program including canoeing, teams’ course, high ropes, climbing wall, recreation, arts and crafts, swimming, tubing, paintball, and archery (training provided).
- Lead campers in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, campfire, and wrap-up).
- Become actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times asscheduled.
- Assist with routinecleanup.
- Train in a specialty area to assist as needed with rental groupresponsibilities.
- Set-up, maintain, and break down the site and programareas.
- Perform direct supervision of children while involved in classes andactivities.
- Perform camp counselor duties including staying with and attending to campers over night while they are atcamp.
- Perform duties that are required by CampLeadership.
- Must have a High SchoolDegree.
- Working toward college degree.
- Residential camp experiencepreferred.
- Must have the patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with campers andstaff.
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands-on” teachingmethods.
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt, and work hard as part of a team pursuing one common goal and objective.
Salary: $440-$580 twice a month plus lodging, meals during camp and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Please have resume and references submitted by March 1st.
Clemson University’s Youth Learning Institute
Camp Voyager Job Description
Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Work Dates: May 23 - August 6, 2021
Location: YLI Education Headquarters, Pickens, South Carolina
Are you interested in spending your summer with kids, exploring and learning together? Do you consider yourself to be a role model, capable of leading, supervising, encouraging, and mentoring campers? Camp Voyager is a STEM technology-based camp for children aged 9-15 that also includes classic camp activities such as high and low ropes courses, evening campfires, and team building and group games. Spend your morning in the woods encouraging your campers to reach new heights on our brand-new Adventure Wall. Have a great time leading activities like our Leap of Faith, Zipline, Giant Swing, and Teams Course elements. Then take it indoors for camp-wide Nerf battles, VR experiences with Oculus Quests, marathon Super Smash Bros competitions, and tournaments using our all-new DJI Robomaster robots. Every day will provide new opportunities for our campers and counselors to engage with awesome cutting-edge tech. All programs are offered in a safe, supervised environment where campers can explore new areas of interests with encouragement from trained counselors and staff. You can take a look at our camp by going to our website at http://voyagersummer.camp.
Pickens is tucked in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in South Carolina. Downtown Pickens is a seven-minute drive away from camp and hosts restaurants, coffee shops, and grocery stores. Clemson is a 30-minute drive away and has all the amenities needed to support a large public university. Greenville, which is a 35-minute drive away, is a rapidly growing city that boasts dozens of restaurants, a walkable downtown, and a beautiful waterfall in the heart of the city.
- Build self-esteem in campers by assisting in all components of the summer camp programs including adventure, team building, technology, basic machine building and engineering
- Lead campers in daily program classes and activities (wake-up, flagpole, meals, campfire)
- Represent Clemson University and YLI by becoming a positive role model for every camper
- Become actively involved in all program activities, leading and participating in evening recreational and instructional times as scheduled
- Perform camp counselor duties such as staying and attending to campers overnight and supervising campers while involved in classes and activities
- Assist with routine cleanup
- Set-up and maintenance of site and program areas
- Program duties assigned by the Camp Director
- High School graduate, working towards college degree in Education, Parks and Recreation, Computer Science, Engineering, natural sciences, or a related field
- Must have patience, understanding, flexibility, and energy to work and live with staff and campers 24 hours a day
- Must demonstrate teaching skills and the ability to implement creative “hands on” teaching methods
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required to teach outdoors
- Camp experience preferred
- Must be willing to sacrifice, adapt and work hard as part of a team pursuing one common goal and objective
Salary: $440 - $580 twice a month plus lodging, meals during camp and a sickness/accidental insurance plan.
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.