North Carolina is looking for an ambitious and accomplished executive to develop and drive state-wide public policy as the Director of the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services.
The Director of the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disability, and Substance Abuse Services is a senior leader at the NC Department of Health and Human Services. She or he reports to the Deputy Secretary for Behavioral Health & IDD and oversees a staff of 160 and annual budget of $500 million. The director sets state-wide public policy and funds programs across the state in concert with the Division’s aspirational mission: through the lens of behavioral health and supporting those with disabilities, we aim to lead with our ideas to identify gaps, invest in promising interventions, and efficiently scale a system that promotes health and wellness for all North Carolinians across all payers, providers, and points of care.
Experience may include or relate to:
· leading managers of managers, responsible for motivating diverse teams in complex organizations, driven by a relentless hunger for achieving goals;
· working in a public-policy role with a birds-eye view of government or complex health-care operations where you’ve pulled all the levers of driving multi-faceted change: money, legislation, regulation, partnerships, and communications;
· being a senior portfolio manager or executive at a foundation responsible for identifying, piloting, and scaling promising interventions through multi-year funding strategies;
· building lasting and meaningful relationships with stakeholders and partners within all branches of government in the midst of complex incentives and difficult trade-offs;
· living a life with personal connection to our work, either as an individual with lived experience, a family member, or advocate -- fully embracing the core belief of those we serve: “nothing about us without us.”
· sensitivity to and educated on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion especially as it relates to mental health, developmental disabilities and substance use.
If this sounds like you, then the Director of the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services role may be a perfect fit. Please take a look at the posting and let us know if you’re interested: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/2605075