Attention Career Counseling Majors and Graduates:
Elon University is hiring a group of Career Fellows, a 10-month full time position. Interested candidates must have a completed graduate degree by the start date (August 3). More information can be found here:
From the posting:
Elon University’s Student Professional Development Center (SPDC) is pleased to announce two fellowship positions to begin August 3rd. The individuals appointed to these full-time, 10-month positions will assist in all aspects of the operation but in particular focus on supporting staff with:
(1) career advising 1:1 appointments, classroom presentations, and employer relations;
(2) collaborating with Student Life and additional offices across campus to continue leading career programming initiatives, with special interest in the Station at Mill Point Neighborhood;
(3) building relationships with offices/departments across campus that align with professional interests to further support the work of the SPDC;
(4) teaching Elon’s student “Transitions Strategies” courses (one credit hour weekly courses preparing students for their professional life after college offered every semester);
(5) supporting Elon’s growing list of student professional development programming and events; and
(6) assisting with marketing efforts of the office such as blog writing.
Please visit the Elon University Careers blog for more information on the activities, lives, and professional growth of the 2019-2020 fellows and their SPDC colleagues at: https://eloncareersblog.wordpress.com. Search by “Career Fellows” tag for Fellowship content.
Each fellow will receive $1,500.00 per month as well as university apartment-style housing and a meal stipend. Meal stipend is able to be used at on campus dining locations as well as multiple off-campus dining, grocery, and retail location in the Elon/Burlington area. Fellows are also granted funds for professional development (e.g. conferences and selected career assessment training/certifications) and opportunities for personal and professional growth such as Spanish language classes, and if selected, to participate in service learning programs (e.g. domestic and international alternative spring break trips). Please note: health insurance is not provided by Elon University for the fellowship.
Elon University is a mid-sized private university of approximately 6,700 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students, located in the heart of NC. Elon University has built a national reputation as the premier student-centered liberal arts university that values strong relationship between students and their faculty and staff mentors. Elon’s students put their knowledge into action on campus, in the community and around the globe. Elon is known for academic excellence across the curriculum, and for experiential learning programs in study abroad, undergraduate research, leadership, interfaith dialogue, civic engagement and community service. The university’s 636-acre residential campus in the Town of Elon, NC is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s finest environments for learning. The Elon Phoenix NCAA Division I athletic program is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. Campus is located 40-50 minutes from Raleigh/Durham, 25 minutes from Greensboro, and 2 hours from Charlotte. Kiplinger’s Personal Finance recognizes Elon as one of the nation’s top 30 “Best Value” private universities for 2019 and #5 among private schools in the Southeast and Mid-South. Princeton Review ranks Elon University as the #1 “best-run” college in the nation, with the #1 “most beautiful campus," #7 ranked Career Services, and #2 ranked study abroad program in 2020.