Director of Crisis Services
Freedom House Recovery Center (FHRC) is a non-profit behavioral health care agency that provides a broad continuum of person-centered, comprehensive services for children, adolescents, adults, and families managing behavioral health disorders or addiction. Freedom House has provided hope and healing to people of all ages, from all walks of life, for over 40 years.
- Licensed clinician, LCSW, LCAS, LCMHC or other behavioral health licensure (Required)
- Direct care experience: At least 5 years of experience in assessment, treatment, and crisis management with adults with MH and SUD diagnoses
- Supervisory experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in counseling and counselor supervision, health care management, and substance abuse and mental health services (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Freedom House Recovery Center is seeking full-time Director of Crisis Services for our 16 bed facility-based crisis/detox unit serving adults in Chapel Hill, NC. This position will also oversee a regional Mobile Crisis Team. Five years of direct clinical experience in MH/SUDs and a minimum of three years clinical and administrative supervision is required. Experience working with consumers in a medically managed detoxification setting is preferred.
The Crisis Services Director provides for the effective management of the day-to-day operations, both administrative and clinical, of crisis services. Administrative responsibilities include: ensuring that all aspects of programming meet regulatory standards, direct supervision and training of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and paraprofessionals, maintaining appropriate staff and staffing ratios, effectively managing the program budget, reporting and evaluating outcomes, and serving as a positive representative of Freedom House in a variety of community-based meetings.
Clinical responsibilities include: assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, crisis counseling, aftercare planning, case conferencing with a multidisciplinary team and care coordination with other service providers.
This position reports to the agency’s Clinical Director. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00A-4PM with one weekend rotation per month. Evening hours may be required periodically in line with site needs.
- FHRC offers medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and portable life insurance for the employee, spouse/partner, and child(ren).
- FHRC pays for long-term disability and $50,000 life insurance policy.
- New employees accrue sick leave and vacation leave monthly.
- A 401K is offered should the employee desire to enroll.