Host: Nu Chi Chi, Chi Sigma Iota, NCCU
Drs. Levette Scott and Kelly King
Date: Friday, February 7, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Price: $35.00, general; $25.00, CSI members; *continental breakfast included*
Place: North Carolina Central University, School of Education, Room 1076
The purpose of this workshop is to assist students and non-students with the strategies and skills necessary to take the NCE and CPCE Examinations. Topics include managing test-taking anxiety, personalizing a study plan, and practicing multiple study strategies (e.g., mnemonic devices, flash cards). This workshop is meant to supplement other studying on core content that you have been doing. While we will cover exam content throughout the day, it will not be our sole or primary focus. Please sign up by Friday January 31, 2020. The workshop is Friday February 7, 2020, from 8am-2pm in NCCU's School of Education Building room 1076.
Suggested materials to purchase (and study) in preparation:
- National Counselor Exam Licensing Prep. AATBS. ISBN 978-1-941273-16-6.
- Association for Advanced Training in Behavioral Sciences (AATBS). Flashcards.
- Erford, B.T., Hays, D.G., & Crockett, S. (2015). Mastering the national counselor and the counselor preparation comprehensive examination.
- Rosenthial, H. (2017). Encyclopedia of counseling: Master review and tutorial for the national counselor examination, state counseling exams, and the counselor preparation comprehensive examination (Volume 1) 5th Edition App. (Encyclopedia App. available for Apple users).
- Study eight content areas (an ongoing goal upon entry into the program)
- Purchase and review your materials.
- Complete the Pre-test
Pre-Workshop (Please complete at least one week before you attend the workshop)
*A continental breakfast is included with your registration. We will include mini-breaks throughout the hour and a 30-minute window to relax and eat a bagged lunch. Attendees will be responsible for providing their own lunch.*