This study will investigate master’s-level counselor trainees’ clinical responses to a client-counselor interaction in a clinical mental health setting.
We are seeking master’s-level counselor trainees that meet the following criteria:
- Trainees who are at least 18 years old in one of the following programs:
- addiction counseling
- clinical mental health counseling
- clinical rehabilitation counseling
- marriage couple and family counseling
- The trainees are in their second year of course work; and
- The trainees have completed at least 100 hours of a practicum experience.
- The collection of data is anonymous.
- The study has Oregon State University’s Institutional Review Board approval.
Participation in the study will take approximately 10 minutes. Participants will be asked to review a consent form, complete a demographic questionnaire, watch a counseling video segment (3.5- 4 minutes long), and respond to three short evaluations based on the video segment.
Participants can access the web-based study here: Study access