The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program and the School Counseling Program will prepare students to apply to become Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associates and Licensed Professional School Counselors (respectively) in North Carolina.
If you are a student outside of North Carolina, you will need to investigate licensure laws/rules/policies for your area to determine whether or not our program speciality areas qualify for state licensure and/or certiifcation in your state or location.
Please check out these websites for information about qualifying for credentials in your area:
- National Board for Certified Counselors - State Board Directory: https://www.nbcc.org/search/stateboarddirectory
- NBCC - Understanding Board Certification and Licensure: https://www.nbcc.org/certification/licensure
- American Counseling Association: Licensure Requirments for Professional Counselors, A State by State Report: https://www.counseling.org/knowledge-center/licensure-requirements
- American Counseling Association: Licensure and Certification - State Professional Counselor Licensure Boards: https://www.counseling.org/knowledge-center/licensure-requirements/state-professional-counselor-licensure-boards
- American School Counselor Assocation: State Certification Requirments: https://www.schoolcounselor.org/school-counselors-members/careers-roles/state-certification-requirements