Wrapping Up the Spring Semester!
Congratulations to our May 2023 graduates - and to all for finishing another semester!
I hope that you will all take some time to relax and recharge between semesters.
Counseling faculty who are not teaching this summer will be unavailable until close to the start of the fall semester. Should you need something during the break between semesters, please feel free to contact me.
Chad Royal, PhD, LCMHCS
Chair, Department of Counseling and Higher Education
If you are taking any classes this summer, it is recommended that you review the textbook list. Go ahead and attempt to get your textbooks BEFORE your class begins. Summer classes move very quickly, and you do not want for class to start and not have your book(s).
- Summer Intersession: May 8 - 19 (Brain-Based Therapies class)
- Summer Session 1: May 23 - June 26
- Summer Session 2: June 29 - July 28
- Dual Session: May 23 - July 28
Some Reminders from Dr. Blount, the Field Placement Coordinator:
Special request deadline date: Monday, June 12, 2023
Latest Announcements from nccuCounseling
- Advantage Behavioral Healthcare is hiring 2023-05-02
- Important dates for those sitting for the NCE soon 2023-05-01
- Furman University Career Advisor 2023-04-28
- North Carolina Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Studies (NCFADS) Summer School - Scholarships Available 2023-04-28
- Research Participation Request - Northern Illinois University 2023-04-25
Upcoming Dates to Remember for nccuCounseling:
- May 8: Summer intersession begins
- May 9: Faculty data analysis (program evaluation) meeting
- May 23: Summer session 1 and Dual Session begins
- June 2-4: Bridging the Gap Symposium - NBCC Foundation (Atlanta)
- June 12: Special Request for Placement (Fall) - due to Dr. Blount
- June 19: Summer Mid-program Reviews
- June 29: Summer session 2 begins
- July 12-13: Final defenses for summer graduates
- July 14: MOAs for fall placement due to Dr. Blount
Did you know that you can subscribe to the nccuCounseling calendar? If you use a digital calendar, you can subscribe and have all of the information from the "Key Dates" letter auto-populate in your calendar. Visit our website for more information.