While you are in Pre-Practicum (CON 5371), your instructor will discuss the process to begin the last phase of your clinical training (i.e., your clinical field placement).
The first step is to complete your Mid-Program Portfolio Review. This is compeleted the semester before you intend on taking Practicum (CON 5372) = usually while you are in Pre-Practicum (CON 5371). You will discuss your placement plans with Program faculty during your Mid-program Portfolio Review.
After completing Pre-practicum (a hands-on, classroom-based experience) and successfully passing your Mid-Program Review, you will engage in a 100-hour Practicum placement (CON 5372) in the field. After completing Practicum, you will begin a 600-hour Internship placement (CON 5390).
Before starting Practicum, every student must submit
- a signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and
- proof of liability insurance coverage
Below are general deadlines for your MOA submission
||Paperwork is due by the second week of July
||Paperwork is due by the second week of November
||Paperwork is due by the second week of April
- You are not permitted to take Practicum and Internship at the same time. Internship can be completed in either one or two semesters, but no more than two.
- Completing your Pracitcum or Internship at your current place of employment is neither recommended, encouraged, or endorsed. You will need to make a special written request if you wish to attempt your clinical placement with your employer.
- If you are considering a site that is not an approved site on Dr. Blount's Field Site Spreadsheet, please complete the Field Site Description Survey.
Memorandum of Agreement Request
We are now using Doc-u-sign for contracts to be finalized. Once you have secured a placement, please follow the instructions below:
- If you have secured a field site placement, e-mail Dr. Blount the following:
- A copy of your Professional Liability Insurance Certificate,
- The legal name of your Site Supervisor and their e-mail address (This will allow Dr. Blount to initiate a Memorandum of Agreement request through Doc-u-sign).
Please send Memorandum of Agreement requests only on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Once Dr. Blount receives this information, Dr. Blount will initiate a contract for you.
PLEASE REVIEW THE LINKS BELOW: