Summer session 1 and the dual summer session start tomorrow, Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
If you are taking any classes this summer, it is recommended that you review the textbook list. Go ahead and attempt to get your textbooks BEFORE your class begins. Summer classes move very quickly, and you do not want for class to start and not have your book(s).
- Summer Session 1: May 23 - June 26
- Summer Session 2: June 29 - July 28
- Dual Session: May 23 - July 28
As you have probably heard, NCCU is changing "learning management systems", also known as LMSs. We are changing from Blackboard to Canvas.
Some instructors have been piloting Canvas over the last academic year, so some students may already have some familiarity with Canvas.
Classes offered during the first summer session may be delivered in Blackboard or Canvas. This will be the last time that any course will be delivered via Blackboard. All classes offered during the dual summer session period will be delivered via Canvas - and all courses offered during the second summer session (and later) will delivered via Canvas.
- Summer session 1: Blackboard or Canvas
- Summer session 2: Canvas
- Dual summer session: Canvas
- Fall 2023 (and beyond): Canvas
Some Reminders from Dr. Blount, the Field Placement Coordinator:
Special request deadline date: Monday, June 12, 2023
Latest Announcements from nccuCounseling
- Ravenscroft School in Raleigh is hiring 2023-05-16
- Meredith College is hiring 2023-05-12
- Internship opportunity at Shaw University 2023-05-12
- Backline is hiring 2023-05-12
- Center for Child and Family Health is hiring 2023-05-09
Upcoming Dates to Remember for nccuCounseling:
- May 23: Summer session 1 and Dual Session begins
- May 24: All registration activities for dual and summer 1 sessions end at 4pm; Last day to withdraw from a course with a tuition adjustment and/or refund
- May 29: Memorial day observance, no classes
- May 31: Last day for graduate students to withdraw from a class with a WC grade
- June 2-4: Bridging the Gap Symposium - NBCC Foundation (Atlanta)
- June 12: Special Request for Placement (Fall) - due to Dr. Blount
- June 19: Summer Mid-program Reviews
- June 29: Summer session 2 begins
- July 12-13: Final defenses for summer graduates
- July 14: MOAs for fall placement due to Dr. Blount
Did you know that you can subscribe to the nccuCounseling calendar? If you use a digital calendar, you can subscribe and have all of the information from the "Key Dates" letter auto-populate in your calendar. Visit our website for more information.