Greetings from Elon! My name is Beth Mannella, and I am one of the current Career Services Advising Fellows in the Student Professional Development Center. We have opened our application for 2016-2017, and I am hoping you will share these post-Master’s degree openings with interested students in the Counselor Education Program at NCCU.
Information about the fellowship is below, and the position description is attached. Thank you in advance!
Since 2011, Elon’s Student Professional Development Center, housing both the offices of Career Services and Corporate & Employer Relations, has annually offered 2 career services advising fellowship positions. We are again pleased to be able to offer these 10-month positions. This very unique fellowship program provides a highly innovative opportunity for someone seeking “the next level of professional experience” in higher education in general and for someone interested specifically in career services. The attached position description, which will run from February 5th through March 1st, provides all the information interested applicants need to apply.
Elon University is located in the heart of north central North Carolina at the midpoint between Greensboro to the west and the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill areas to the east, both within easy driving distance. Elon enrolls 5,400 undergraduates and 1,000 graduate and professional students from around the United States and from many countries. Our campus is a designated botanical garden and regularly counted among the nation’s most beautiful campuses as well as an institution long known and ranked for its engaged learning environment and its “focus on their undergraduates.”
Here are just a few highlights:
- Both career fellows chosen for these fellowships receive a 12k stipend, a university meal-plan, support for professional development activities, and beautiful campus living accommodations (nicest place I might ever live)
- The opportunity to become incredibly engaged in a myriad of responsibilities and initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Career advising to support student job or internship searches and even students desiring to on directly to graduate school
- Co-teaching or teaching one our innovative career transition strategy courses
- Leading the career services legacy program within Elon’s Residential Life neighborhoods
- Learning how to perform various career assessments and interpretations
- Supporting the wide array of both large and small-scale events and programs our office coordinates each year
- The opportunity to work with a staff of nearly 20 career and employer professionals on a campus designated as a botanical garden and regularly counted among the nation’s most beautiful
- An opportunity to work on a daily basis in both our main career office and one of our satellite career offices all located on the main campus and thereby gain both in depth experience in how career service operations service business students, communications students, and students majoring the traditional arts and sciences
Prior fellows of our program have secured highly sought after positions in career services operations at the following institutions: Duke, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, University of Virginia, and right here at Elon!
Beth Mannella, M.Ed.
Career Advising Fellow
Student Professional Development Center|Elon University
Click on image above for more information on how to apply