Congratulations, May Graduates!
Labor Market Information = Job Opportunities
When we receive job postings or announcements, they are posted our website for three months. Please feel free to visit this page often before and after you graduate.
We posted the following announcements in the month of April:
|UNC-CH Gillings School of Global Public Health is Hiring||22 April 2022|
|Governor Morehead School for the Blind is Hiring - School Counselor||22 April 2022|
|NCCU University College - Academic Advising is Hiring||22 April 2022|
|Current Job Openings at the Emily K Center||14 April 2022|
Summer session 1 and Dual session are scheduled to start on Tuesday, May 24.
If you are taking summer classes, it is important that you have your books and materials BEFORE classes begin. Summer school moves very quickly. Summer sessions 1 and 2 move at about three to four times faster than the speed of a traditional fall or spring semester. In other words, you will cover three to four weeks of material in one week during summer school. Missing your textbooks for even one week will create significant issues in which you may not be able to recover, and you will need to drop your course(s) for the summer.
Don't delay in ordering your books for the summer! The textbook list can always be found here.
Would you like to receive text reminders and announcements from the Program?
Join our "Remind" group:
- Text "@nccuco" to 81010, or
- click on https://www.remind.com/join/nccuco
Did you know we also have our own app? Click on THIS LINK in your mobile device or tablet. Select "Add to Home Screen".
Student Liability Coverage in Practicum and Internship
We have a change in the requirement for professional liability coverage while in Practicum and Internship. Starting this summer, 2022, students will no longer purchase a blanket policy through the University.
Students will need to join either ACA, ASCA, or AMHCA and receive liability coverage through the organization (which should come with membership). Students will need to submit a “Certificate of Insurance” (COI) when they submit their Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
When you join one of the above organization, be sure to either download or request a copy of your COI. It is only one of many benefits in joining a professional organization.
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counseling Association
Pursuing a Second Degree
For students who are graduating Spring 2022 or later, you MUST complete a minimum of 18 semester hours above and beyond your original plan of study in order to receive a second degree from NCCU. There are very specific courses that must be completed to receive a second degree and these are specified on this page: http://www.nccucounseling.com/student2/index.php/advising/dual-major
If you are pursuing two degrees, make sure that you have completed the new form that ensures the University is aware of your intention to pursue two degrees at the same time. This form is new as of fall 2021. It can be found in the forms area of the student website ("Adding a Second Major").
This form is completed and sent to your advisor for processing. Once the form has been processed, you should see both degree programs on your transcript in BANNER.
Please note that your second internship must consist of a 600-hour placement. In other words, students receiving a second degree will complete a second 600-hour internship placement (600 hours for their first major, 600 hours for their second major).
Please speak with your advisor if you have any questions.
Latest Announcements from nccuCounseling
- Central Park School for Children - Internship Opportunities 2022-04-28
- Practicum and Internship Placements at the NCCU Counseling Center 2022-04-25
- Student Newsletter - April 25, 2022 2022-04-25
- UNC-CH Gillings School of Global Public Health is Hiring 2022-04-22
- Full Circle Counseling in Hendersonville, NC is offering a scholarship 2022-04-22
- Governor Morehead School for the Blind is Hiring - School Counselor 2022-04-22
- NCCU University College - Academic Advising is Hiring 2022-04-22
- Research Participation Request - Kent State University 2022-04-19
- Research Participation Request - UNC-Greensboro 2022-04-14
- Current Job Openings at the Emily K Center 2022-04-14
Upcoming Dates to Remember for nccuCounseling:
- May 12: Faculty Data Analysis Meeting
- May 24: First day of classes for summer 1 and dual sessions
- May 25: All registration activities for Dual and Summer 1 sessions end at 4pm (drop/add ends); last day to withdraw with a tuition adjustment and/or refund
- May 30: Memorial Day observance, no classes
- June 1: Last day to file for summer graduation with Registrar; Last day for graduate students to withdraw from a class with a WC grade
- June 27: Last day of classes, Summer 1
- June 29: Final grades for Summer 1 due in Banner by 5pm
- June 30: First day of classes, Summer 2
Did you know that you can subscribe to the nccuCounseling calendar? If you use a digital calendar, you can subscribe and have all of the information from the "Key Dates" letter auto-populate in your calendar. Visit our website for more information.