Student Newsletter and Reminders
GOOD LUCK ON FINAL EXAMS (and other end-of-semester activities)
NBCC Foundation Minority Fellowship Program
NBCC Foundation Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) - available awards range from $10,000 to $20,000. For more information, visit NBCCF.org/programs. Application deadline is December 15, 2019.
Supervision for School Counselors - December 10, 2019 at 1pm
Drs. Taheera Blount and Jennifer Barrow
School counselors need help, too. Professional supervision of school counselors is essential to the development of school counselors. Supervision designed around advocacy, efficiency, and effectiveness may serve to decrease burnout, increase direct services, and provide a network of support. Two former school counselors will share a tiered approach to supporting future and current school counselors through quality supervision. Target audience may include current school counselors, school counselors-in-training, licensure supervisors, counselor educators, and school district staff.
Students can attend all webinars for free; registration is required.
CPCE and NCE REVIEW WORKSHOP
Presented and facilitated by Chadwick Royal, PhD, LPCS.
This review workshop will take place over the course of ten weeks (one hour per week) - for a total of ten hours of content review. Sessions will take place from 7pm to 8pm ET, on Sundays, starting January 5.
Purchase Your Textbooks for the Spring Semester
The textbook list is available on our website here. Purchase your texts before the next semester begins, when possible, so that you will be ready to go when classes start.
Are you planning on double-majoring?
There is a new process for declaring a second major. Read more about the process here.
Upcoming Dates to Remember for Counselor Education students:
- Dec. 2: Last day of classes for graduating students and last day of class lecture for non-graduating students
- Dec. 3: Reading Day
- Dec. 10 at 1pm: December Webinar
- Dec. 13 at 9am: Commencement rehearsal (required for those participating in commencement ceremony)
- Dec. 13 at 3pm: Exit Interview for Counselor Education graduating students
- Dec. 13 at 6pm: Chancellor's reception for graduating students
- Dec. 14 at 9am: Fall Commencement for Graduate Students (2pm for undergraduates)
- Jan. 13: First Day of Classes, Spring Semester
- Jan. 24: Spring Career Institute (info coming soon)
Did you know that you can subscribe to the nccuCounseling calendar? If you use a digital calendar, you can subscribe and have all of the information from the "Key Dates" letter auto-populate in your calendar. Visit our website for more information.