Last academic year, the NCCU Counseling Program submitted a Self-Study for re-accreditation to CACREP. CACREP completed their initial review of our Self-Study and approved us for a site visit this academic year. Our site visit will be a virtual site visit - and will take place February 2-4, 2022.
The purposes of a site visit are to (1) validate the Self-Study document presented to CACREP, and (2) gain an understanding of the aspects of the program that cannot be evaluated fully through a review of the Self-Study document submitted by the institution.
Please note that faculty and staff will be fairly busing during the time period of the site visit, and you may be asked to help by meeting with select members of the site visit team.
Plan to Graduate in May 2022?
Your "Application for Graduation" was due to your advisor by 5pm on Friday, January 14, 2022. If you did not submit it, please do so ASAP!
2020-2021 Annual Report
In accordance with CACREP standards, program faculty should disseminate an annual report that includes (1) a summary of the program evaluation results, (2) subsequent program modifications, and (3) any other substantial program changes.
The 2020-2021 Annual Report for the NCCU Counselor Education Program is available for download here.
Pursuing a Second Degree
For students who are graduating Spring 2022 or later, you MUST complete a minimum of 18 semester hours above and beyond your original plan of study in order to receive a second degree. There are very specific courses that must be completed to receive a second degree and these are specified on this page: http://www.nccucounseling.com/student2/index.php/advising/dual-major
If you are pursuing two degrees, make sure that you have completed the new form that ensures the University is aware of your intention to pursue two degrees at the same time. This form is new as of fall 2021. It can be found in the forms area of the student website ("Adding a Second Major").
This form is completed and sent to your advisor for processing. Once the form has been processed, you should see both degree programs on your transcript in BANNER.
Please note that your second internship must consist of a 600-hour placement. In other words, students receiving a second degree will complete a second 600-hour internship placement (600 hours for their first major, 600 hours for their second major).
Please speak with your advisor if you have any questions.
Latest Announcements from nccuCounseling
- Openings at Threshold Clubhouse 2022-01-17
- Research Participation Request - Syracuse University 2022-01-12
- Career Practicum or Internship at Shaw University 2022-01-11
- NC Counseling Association Annual Conference - 2022 2022-01-11
- NCE Prep Workshop Hosted by NCSU's Chapter of CSI 2022-01-10
- KEY DATES: Spring 2022 2022-01-03
- Student Newsletter - January 3, 2022 2022-01-03
- 2020-2021 Annual Program Evaluation Report 2021-12-21
- Student Newsletter - December 20, 2021 2021-12-20
Upcoming Dates to Remember for nccuCounseling:
- January 17: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observance - No classes
- January 18: School of Education faculty meeting -10:40am
- January 21: Field Site Supervisor Orientation for all Practicum and Internship Site Supervisors - 3pm
- January 24: Drop/Add ends
- January 25: Department of Counseling and Higher Education faculty meeting - 10am. First day for a student to initiate a withdrawal from a class (grade of WC)
- February 1: Counseling Webinar; applications for fall 2022 admission due
- February 2-4: CACREP Virtual Site Visit
Did you know that you can subscribe to the nccuCounseling calendar? If you use a digital calendar, you can subscribe and have all of the information from the "Key Dates" letter auto-populate in your calendar. Visit our website for more information.